Compliance solutions for restaurants

Business Licenses Package
Save $50 with Promo50 code.

  • Your Package Includes
  • 24/7 Access to your Online Status Center
  • Free Compliance Email Alerts
  • Designated Customer Service

Business Licenses Package

  • Business Licenses
  • We will do the research and provide you with all the licensing applications (if any) and instructions you need to operate. Applications are for 1 city and 1 county.

Additional Common Needs for Restaurant Business

Formation Preparation and Filing
Registered Agent Services
Certificate of Good Standing

Need Help Choosing the Right Package?

Watch the Video

Most Common Licenses & Permits for Restaurants

- Liquor License
- Food Handler License
- License to Operate
- Building permit
- Health permit
- Signage permit
- Zoning permit

What They Say About CT


"In our business of delivering healthy, nutritious meals, we face a lot of regulation. Using CT Corporation as our registered agent really helps us manage some of our state requirements. The service is top rate: quick and accurate. When the business needed to expand into a new state recently, I emailed my service representative and she took care of it right away."

Homestyle Direct

Understanding the Legal Requirements to Run a Successful Restaurant

Specific legal and regulatory steps should be taken to ensure proper financing can be secured, licenses are obtained and health requirements are followed. CT Can help you to succeed.

What is the best business structure for restaurants?

The best business structure for your restaurant is the one that protects your personal assets while allowing you the to meet your management and growth goals. Both a corporation and an LLC can serve to protect your personal assets from business creditors. But, an LLC (limited liability company) is often the business structure of choice because of its flexibility and because there are fewer state-mandated recordkeeping requirements. With an LLC, business tax items (like income, losses, and deductions) are pass-through to the owners to report on their individual tax returns. An LLC also can make an election to be taxed as an S corporation (provided certain requirements are met), which increases your tax planning options.

What are the licenses needed for a restaurant?

Operating a restaurant means obtaining numerous federal, state and local licenses, permits and certificates. A full-service restaurant might need a federal EIN, state tax number, occupancy permit, signage permit, alarm permit, zoning/building permit, health inspection certificate, server training certificate, alcohol license. and wage-hour permit. Locating and obtaining all these necessary licenses can be one of the most challenging and time-consuming tasks you will face. Once you are open for business, you must keep those permits current by renewing them and amending them as needed. CT can make the process speedier and less stressful by compiling the forms you need and delivering them to you, together with instructions and filing tips.

Why Restaurants Need an Official Registered Agent

Every state requires that a corporation or LLC have a registered agent with a street address in the state. Using a professional registered agent service is the best way for a restaurant owner to fulfill this obligation. First, a registered agent must be available during "normal business hours" - yet many restaurant owners keep hours that are anything but "normal." Missing an official communication can create significant problems. Second, many times notice of lawsuits are served at the registered agent's address. Being served with a lawsuit in front of your customers and employees can be embarrassing. A professional registered agent, like CT Corporation, helps you avoid these issues.

Is Your Restaurant in Good Standing?

Once you've incorporated or formed an LLC, it's essential that your company stay in good standing by filing state-required annual reports and paying any franchise taxes. Many banks, lenders, and vendors want to see a Certificate of Good Standing before they will do business with you. And, many state and local government require proof of good standing before they will issue the licenses and permits you need to operate your business. A Certificate of Good Standing is also required if you want to expand your business into another state. CT can verify your good standing with the state and obtain a Certificate of Good Standing for your use.

Your Business Deserves Premium:


Our experts pride themselves on delivering superior customer service and answering any questions you may have.


CT Registered Agents make sure all legal documents and state notices are delivered to you, securely and swiftly.


We work with you to help ensure your company stays compliant and in good standing.

Talk to a Specialist

Have a specific question about a product? A CT Specialist will follow up with a custom quote along with a comprehensive assessment of your needs.