Find news, events, articles, videos, and more that answer your questions and keep you up-to-date.
Visit Resource Center
Your quote depends upon both your business type and the states in which you do business.
Want to discuss the fine print of your annual report? We can help. Request a follow-up
Have a specific question about a product? A CT Specialist will follow up with a custom quote along with a comprehensive assessment of your needs.
If you form a business entity with the state, you may be required to file periodic reports on the status of your entity to preserve your good standing and state registration. Each state has its own rules, and the rules may differ based on entity type. The following chart highlights the frequency and due dates for these state annual reports for five entity types.
*Information current as of August 1, 2016.
LLCs taxed as a corporation
LLCs taxed as a partnership
Business Privilege Tax Return and Annual Report
No statutory provision.
* Entities operating on a fiscal year basis other than a calendar year may have a different due date.
** This state allows certain business entities to select their own due date.
- All reports are due on an annual basis, unless otherwise indicated
- Due dates marked as “Anniversary” refer to the anniversary date of the entity’s organization or qualification in that state
- Limited Liability Partnerships may owe an annual report, a registration renewal or both. States with renewal requirements are designated as Renewal in the chart below.
- Information Current as of August 1, 2016. This chart is not intended to provide legal advice. The following information is provided as general guidance.
Almost every state requires annual reporting to keep track of LLCs and corporations operating within its borders. While the forms typically call for basic information, they can be time-consuming and cryptic, especially if you do business in multiple states.
To keep your business in good standing, it’s vital that you remain compliant with state annual report requirements. REQUEST A CUSTOM QUOTE TODAY.